Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 46

Thread: Kodak Jittery Cartridges

  1. #21
    StopMoWorks
    Guest StopMoWorks's Avatar

    Question

    It seems, we are just talking among ourselves here. Would it do any good to contact Kodak or have a few on this board here (we vote on?) that are articulate & present the issue to Kodak about this so-called jittery problem with some S-8 cartridges? The old saying....the "the squeaky wheel get the grease" might apply (?) as opposed to saying nothing.

    Or, do we all do a mass inquiry to Kodak....then they might say to themselves...."Here we go again" (paranoid S-8 people!). Kodak USA owns the Kodak plant in France or what? We contact France plant directly?

    Lionel

    ------------------

  2. #22
    StopMoWorks
    Guest StopMoWorks's Avatar

    Question

    ....and another thing!!! wink.....if the jittery problem cause is known, then one would think it can be "traceable" via a number or code on the cartridges?

    Since S-8 is a very small portion of Kodak's biz, you think they would not bother to go through hassle of tracing it and perhaps accept returned cartridges? I just wonder if Kodak is just "tolerating" the Super8 segment and only just doing the minimum to keep us somewhat content? Like Roger said, they do not seem to be that pro-active about S-8. I would like to think, as someone else posted, that Kodak sees Super8 as "film" entry level customers, who might turn into 16mm/35mm clients.....but, who knows what Kodak is thinking. frown
    Lionel

    ------------------

  3. #23
    S 8 Booster
    Guest S 8 Booster's Avatar

    Post

    Here you can post your info directly to the heart of Kodak.

    Besides the complaint over the S8 jitter etc, remember to praise the format and encourage them to improve it and: Ask them to re-intro the sound striped film! (and maybee the K25 too?)
    http://www.8mm.filmshooting.com/part...ions/kodak.php

    Alt: http://www.8mm.filmshooting.com/index.php

    Wonder what would happened if Kodak supplied such a big batch of faulty products to the 35mm PROs?

    Do we deserve the same service?

    RGDS

    ------------------
    Vidar

  4. #24
    Ludwig
    Guest Ludwig's Avatar

    Post

    It is definetly, that Kodak has a big problem
    with Kodachrome 40 production in 2000/2001.
    This problems are known and new production will be without this problems. One of the most problems are, that nobody by Kodak are
    in involved with the problems of Super 8.
    The constructeurs of the Super 8 system are
    no longer by Kodak. The cant do any quick tests, because development takes some days.
    A lot of "Know how" are lost and for Kodak it
    is not the big business. It is possible, that
    we can have more trouble with Super 8 in the
    next years. Hopefully not to much.

    ------------------

  5. #25
    Ludwig
    Guest Ludwig's Avatar

    Post

    It is definetly, that Kodak has a big problem
    with Kodachrome 40 production in 2000/2001.
    This problems are known and new production will be without this problems. One of the most problems are, that nobody by Kodak are
    in involved with the problems of Super 8.
    The constructeurs of the Super 8 system are
    no longer by Kodak. The cant do any quick tests, because development takes some days.
    A lot of "Know how" are lost and for Kodak it
    is not the big business. It is possible, that
    we can have more trouble with Super 8 in the
    next years. Hopefully not to much.

    ------------------

  6. #26
    Ludwig
    Guest Ludwig's Avatar

    Post

    It is definetly, that Kodak has a big problem
    with Kodachrome 40 production in 2000/2001.
    This problems are known and new production will be without this problems. One of the most problems are, that nobody by Kodak are
    in involved with the problems of Super 8.
    The constructeurs of the Super 8 system are
    no longer by Kodak. The cant do any quick tests, because development takes some days.
    A lot of "Know how" are lost and for Kodak it
    is not the big business. It is possible, that
    we can have more trouble with Super 8 in the
    next years. Hopefully not to much.

    ------------------

  7. #27
    #Pedro
    Guest #Pedro's Avatar

    Post

    Ludwig: How can you be so shure about, that new batches will be without any problems? It would be too good. Are you related in any way to Kodak or any film lab?
    Pedro

    ------------------

  8. #28
    Mikko
    Guest Mikko's Avatar

    Post

    Pedro: What is that "washer disk" you were talking about??

    M

    ------------------

  9. #29
    tom*
    Guest tom*'s Avatar

    Post

    How are others finding super 8 availability in their parts of the world? In the U.K. I have found it impossible to get k40 in quantity. I have several back orders with wholesalers that they cannot action.

    I was ready to begin shooting a music ?video? for a local band last week (a project I was very into) only to find when I was testing my camera the day before shooting, alarming sounds were coming from the cart. Yak. I reluctantly decided that it would be a waste of everyone?s time to go ahead. A lost opportunity to expand my portfolio and a lost creative experience, as whilst explaining the situation someone offered their DV cam. Fair enough, I suppose.

    To the point; I would like to continue making film, and if that means 16mm so be it. Do those with their ear to the ground want to make an informed guess as to the future of k40? My point is that if is put my cameras etc on ebay now, I am reasonably guaranteed a good price and therefore some capital to invest in 16mm. If we all wait for Kodak to pull the plug, we will be left with much less valuable equipment. But for this money I could not afford 16mm equipment. (I would rather shoot 16mm than Pro8). Any thoughts?

    Anyway.. Hopefully Kodak will get it together and everything will be rosy, and if this really is the case then ?Roger- I would like to register interest in the workprinter2 kit, this seems like a very attractive option to me, subject to the future of the format being assured smile

    Hope this doesn?t sound all doom and gloom, I would be sad not to be able to shoot 8mm, but even sadder not to shoot any film in any format.

    Tom


    ------------------

  10. #30
    tom*
    Guest tom*'s Avatar

    Post

    How are others finding super 8 availability in their parts of the world? In the U.K. I have found it impossible to get k40 in quantity. I have several back orders with wholesalers that they cannot action.

    I was ready to begin shooting a music ?video? for a local band last week (a project I was very into) only to find when I was testing my camera the day before shooting, alarming sounds were coming from the cart. Yak. I reluctantly decided that it would be a waste of everyone?s time to go ahead. A lost opportunity to expand my portfolio and a lost creative experience, as whilst explaining the situation someone offered their DV cam. Fair enough, I suppose.

    To the point; I would like to continue making film, and if that means 16mm so be it. Do those with their ear to the ground want to make an informed guess as to the future of k40? My point is that if is put my cameras etc on ebay now, I am reasonably guaranteed a good price and therefore some capital to invest in 16mm. If we all wait for Kodak to pull the plug, we will be left with much less valuable equipment. But for this money I could not afford 16mm equipment. (I would rather shoot 16mm than Pro8). Any thoughts?

    Anyway.. Hopefully Kodak will get it together and everything will be rosy, and if this really is the case then ?Roger- I would like to register interest in the workprinter2 kit, this seems like a very attractive option to me, subject to the future of the format being assured smile

    Hope this doesn?t sound all doom and gloom, I would be sad not to be able to shoot 8mm, but even sadder not to shoot any film in any format.

    Tom


    ------------------

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •